Energy Efficiency: Part 9 Buildings
The following resources are designed to help BC Building Code users understand energy efficiency requirements for Part 9 buildings.
- B13-05: New Energy Requirements (PDF) - provides a summary of the new requirements for energy efficiency
- B14-05: 9.32. Ventilation (PDF) - provides an overview of changes to section 9.32. ventilation
- B14-06: Calculating the Effective Thermal Resistance of "Rainscreen" Wall Assemblies (PDF) - explains how builders can calculate the effective thermal resistance of walls that include a ‘rainscreen’
- B14-08: HVAC and Service Hot Water in 9.36 and the Energy Efficiency Act (PDF) - Explains how to follow the BC Energy Efficiency Standards Regulation and the energy efficiency requirements in the BC Building Code for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning equipment, and hot water equipment
- B14-09: Date of Construction for Factory Built Buildings (PDF) - clarifies how to apply the BC building code to factory-built buildings certified to CAN/CSA A277 ‘Procedure for Factory Certification of Buildings’
- Energy Efficiency Illustrated Guides: Information on how to comply with the new requirements in Section 9.36 of the 2012 Code
- National Research Council Guides and Information: (external link): Available from the Canadian Codes Centre
- Wall Thermal Design Calculator (external link): Available from the Canadian Wood Council, this online tool and calculator provides designers with prescriptive wall assembly solutions complying with national energy efficiency requirements
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia per the date noted on the page: January 31, 2017.