Traceability Value Chain
The Traceability Value Chain program is available to sector organizations and value chains to purchase and install information sharing systems that will enhance agriculture, agrifood and seafood traceability among value chain partners.
A value chain is a group of two or more agrifood or seafood businesses connected along a supply chain that is producing and delivering products to consumers (e.g., a partnership between a producer and a packer, a partnership among a producer, processor and distributor, etc.).
The maximum annual funding per Eligible Participant is $50,000.
Participants are eligible for 70% of project costs, up to the maximum funding level. Participants may apply for funding each year for new eligible activities only. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligible Participants are required to:
- have a business registration number
- constitute a legal entity
- have an active GST number and file business/farm income taxes in B.C.
All livestock and poultry operations are also required to be registered in the Premises Identification Program to be eligible for funding. Registration can happen simultaneously with the application.
- Purchase and installation of traceability hardware:
- Radio Frequency Identification or barcode readers
- Dedicated computer terminals
- Label printers
- Wireless or wired connectivity within the enterprise, as required for the traceability system
- Incremental costs (up to 50%) for lease/rental/purchase of a computer terminal to be used to house a traceability database where the operation has no computer and if it is part of the traceability system
- Incremental costs (up to 50%) for the purchase of multi-use handheld electronic devices to support a traceability system
- Purchase and installation of traceability software
- Staff training by vendor (preferred) or approved consultant
- Consultant fees for assessing, planning and/or implementing the projects
How to Apply
Applications are now closed. The next intake will be in Spring 2020.
Obtain more information on this program by visiting BC Traceability Funding Programs.
For application inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.