Raspberry Replant Program
The B.C. Raspberry Replant Program is intended to increase the competitiveness of the B.C. raspberry industry in local and global markets, while creating jobs and increasing food security for British Columbians.
The goal of the Raspberry Replant Program is to increase the amount of acreage planted with raspberry varieties suitable for fresh and Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) raspberry markets.
The priority for 2020/21 is to provide cost-share funding for eligible raspberry fields that will be planted in the spring of 2021. Successful applicants will be reimbursed for a portion of their plant costs following planting and a satisfactory field inspection.
The Raspberry Replant Program is accepting applications from December 1, 2020 to January 11, 2021 for raspberry fields that will be planted in the spring of 2021.
- The applicant must be a new or existing raspberry grower in the province of British Columbia.
- The applicant must be the owner or lessee of the land to be planted.
- If the applicant produced raspberries in the previous year, the applicant must be a member in good standing with the Raspberry Industry Development Council in accordance with the BC Raspberry Industry Development Council Regulation and the B.C. Raspberry Industry Development Council Operating Procedures.
- The applicant, or a representative of the applicant if the applicant is a business, must plan to be enrolled in an industry-recognized food safety program in 2022 or be the holder of an equivalent valid food safety certificate.
- Applicants must be planting eligible raspberry varieties. For the purposes of this program, eligible raspberry varieties are defined as raspberry varieties that are suitable for Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) or fresh markets. The complete list of eligible raspberry varieties is provided in Appendix A.
- The planting must be scheduled to take place in the spring of 2021.
- The planned planting site must be in British Columbia.
- The owner (and in the case of leased property, both the owner and the lessee) of the land to be planted, must intend to maintain the field(s) as a commercial raspberry field(s) for a period of at least 4 years from the date of planting.
- Planting stock must have been ordered from a commercial nursery and be certified virus free.
- The minimum eligible acreage per applicant for planting new fields in 2020/21 is 1 acre.
- The maximum eligible acreage per applicant for planting new fields in 2020/21 is 10 acres.
For complete eligibility criteria, including a list of eligible varieties, please consult the 2020/21 B.C. Raspberry Replant Program Requirements (PDF, 284 KB).
The B.C. Ministry of Agriculture will be accepting applications for Raspberry Replant Program.
The application deadline is January 11, 2021. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
To apply for the program, please submit the following:
- A completed and signed 2020/21 Raspberry Replant Program Application Form (DOCX, 740 KB);
- A complete and accurate map of the farm showing location of new planting, location of irrigation water source, orientation of rows and identification of buildings and roads.
- A satellite image can be used;
- A copy of the soil test results from the planting site taken in the previous 3 years;
- A copy of the nursery plant order;
- Confirmation of ownership/lease of the land;
- Confirmation of relationship with a processor/packer (previous year’s contract and payment summary slip, or letter from processor/packer) if varieties are intended for Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) markets.
Applications will be received by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Abbotsford Agriculture Centre
1767 Angus Campbell Road
Abbotsford, BC V3G 2M3
ATTN: Raspberry Replant Program