B.C. Agrifood & Seafood Export Program
The B.C. Agrifood & Seafood Export Program provides cost-shared funding to eligible agrifood and seafood businesses and organizations to increase export sales and expand international market access through participation in international market development activities.
A maximum of $50,000 in funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis until funds have been fully allocated. Participants must contribute 50 per cent in cash of the total project cost. In-kind contributions can be included as part of the overall project budget, but are not eligible for matching funding.
- Exhibit in export-focused tradeshows, food fairs, sales exhibitions and/or participate in events or missions
- Advertise in foreign electronic, print media or event support material
- Produce and distribute marketing and promotional material
- Arrange meetings with potential buyers in international target markets
- Host incoming buyer missions to B.C. agrifood and seafood events
- Customize incoming buyer missions
- Host in-province visits by media and other influencers with the objective of increasing agrifood and seafood exports from B.C.
- Identify and arrange meetings with partners in target markets to cooperate on a market access activity
- Participate in or present at conferences and other trade advocacy events
- Participate in provincial or federal government-led trade advocacy missions
- B.C. agrifood sector producers
- B.C. agrifood and seafood sector processors (Please note: fishers (harvesters) are not eligible for funding under this program)
- B.C. agrifood and seafood sector associations/organizations
- B.C. agrifood and seafood marketers
Applicant organizations must have a head office or be registered in B.C. and market products grown or processed* in B.C.
* B.C. processed food is any food, seafood or beverage product processed and packaged in B.C. with more than 85% of the product’s main ingredients produced in B.C. In cases where the main ingredients are not available in B.C. in sufficient quantities, the food must be processed and packaged entirely in B.C.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and should be submitted no less than 60 days prior to the proposed event or activities.
Application deadlines for 2017-18*
|Application Deadline||Adjudication Date|
|March 3, 2017||March 29, 2017|
|May 4, 2017||May 31, 2017|
|July 5, 2017||July 31, 2017|
|October 4, 2017||October 31, 2017|
|December 4, 2017||January 12, 2018|
*subject to available funds