Livestock Tag Reader Rebate
The Traceability Adoption Program includes a Livestock Tag Reader Rebate sub-program which offers a rebate to livestock operators who purchase and install approved tag readers.
The maximum annual funding per Eligible Participant is $3,500.
Participants are eligible for 70% of project costs, up to the maximum funding level. Participants may apply for funding each year for new eligible activities only. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligible Participants are required to:
- have a business registration number
- constitute a legal entity
- have an active GST number and file business/farm income taxes in B.C.
- be registered in the Premises Identification Program. Registration can happen simultaneously with the application.
- Purchase and installation of livestock tag readers:
- Tag readers must be on the Canadian Cattlemen Identification Agency approved list
- Purchase and installation of traceability software that is compatible with the tag readers
- Staff training by a vendor to implement tag readers
How to Apply
Download the application form.
Submit the completed, signed application and supporting documentation by using your preferred method from the list below:
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Caroline Gibbeson, B.C. Traceability Programs
By Fax: (604) 806-7806
Livestock Tag Reader Rebate Program
250 Howe Street, Suite 1400
Vancouver, BC V6C 3S7