Crop Loss & Damage Due to Wildlife

Agriculture producers can get compensation due to wildlife damage to some harvested and unharvested crops by enrolling in the Agriculture Wildlife Program.

Only losses caused by the following wildlife, which are not held in captivity will be considered:

  • Bison
  • Bear
  • Cranes
  • Deer
  • Elk
  • Moose
  • Mountain sheep
  • Waterfowl


Compensation may be restricted to agriculture producers who follow best management practices in crop loss prevention. Agriculture producers must provide proof of:

  • BC Assessment Farm Status
  • Private land ownership and/or lease confirmation along with a tax reporting number for any potential payments

Although purchasing crop insurance is encouraged, it is not a requirement for enrollment in the Agriculture Wildlife Program. If you purchase crop insurance you will automatically be enrolled. 

Local Contacts

Location Toll-Free Phone Local Phone
Abbotsford 1-888-221-7141 604-556-3001
Cranbrook N/A 250-489-8507
Dawson Creek 1-877-772-2200 250 784-2236
Ft. St. John 1-888-822-1345 250-787-3240
Kamloops 1-888-823-3355 250-828-4506
Kelowna 1-888-332-3352 250-712-3797
Oliver 1-888-812-8811 250-498-5250
Vernon 1-877-702-5585 250 260-3000
Williams Lake 1-800-474-6133 250 398-4500