2017 Canada – British Columbia Wildfire Recovery Initiative
The 2017 Canada-British Columbia Wildfires Recovery Initiative will provide up to $20 million to assist agricultural producers with the extraordinary costs incurred to recover from the adverse effects of this year’s wildfires.
Please find below the Application Forms for the 2017 Canada B.C. Wildfire Recovery Initiative for Livestock. The wildfires have caused a wide array of damage and as a result the application process is quite comprehensive. Please do not hesitate to call the contacts, listed below, if you have any questions. Business Risk Management Branch staff will do their best to help you.
The Wildfire Recovery Initiative is cost-shared between the federal and provincial governments on a 60 – 40 percent ratio. It is intended to help agricultural producers with the extraordinary expenses necessary for recovery and to return to production as soon as possible. It is designed to provide funding up front and allow for updates as further loss information becomes available. This is particularly true for livestock producers who require some flexibility in managing the difficult conditions they are currently facing.
The Wildfire Recovery Initiative provides some assistance to help offset the extraordinary costs required to return to agricultural production. It is not intended to compensate for farm income losses and does not diminish the need to purchase commercial insurance for farm assets and infrastructure.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions of your application package.
- Complete the general application form, as well as the appendices (eg. Land and Livestock Inventory Forms and the Canada Revenue Tax Form)
- Identify the payment types that you will be applying for and fill out the Loss Schedule form(s) accordingly.
- Upon completion, please return the application and Loss Schedule form(s) to us by scanning and emailing, faxing or by mail.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Dedicated personnel are in place to assist you with the application process.
|Telephone:||1 888 332-3352 (toll free)|
|Fax:||1 250 861-7490|
|Mail:||B.C. Wildfires AgriRecovery Initiative for 2017-18|
|Business Risk Management Branch|
|200, 1690 Powick Road|
|Kelowna, BC V1X 7G5|
Forms: Canada - B.C. Wildfires Recovery Initiative for 2017-18
Damage and Loss Payment Forms
- Extraordinary Livestock Feeding (Schedule L1) (PDF)
- Owned Feed Transportation Assistance (Schedule L2) (PDF)
- Pregnancy Check (Schedule L3) (PDF)
- Fire Clean Up on Private Land (Schedule L4) (PDF)
- Establishment of Safe Livestock Handling Facilities (Schedule L5) (PDF)
- Extraordinary Mustering and Transportation Costs (Schedule L6) (PDF)
- Veterinary Costs (Schedule L7) (PDF)
- Breeding Livestock Mortality (Schedule L8) (PDF)
- Private Fencing (Schedule L9) (PDF)
- Specialized Facilities Rental (Schedule L10) (PDF)
- Irrigation System Repair (Schedule L11) (PDF)
- Replanting of Perennial Forage (Schedule L12) (PDF)
- Incremental Grazing Costs (Schedule L13) (PDF)
Crop Production and Apiaries
Damage and Loss Payment Forms
- Hives Lost to Fire (Schedule L1) (PDF)
- Extraordinary Bee Mortality (Schedule L2) (PDF)
- Private Fencing (Schedule L3) (PDF)
- Specialized Facilities Rental (Schedule L4) (PDF)
- Irrigation System and Perennial Crop Production Infrastructure Repair (Schedule L5) (PDF)
- Replanting of Tame Perennial Crops (Schedule L6) (PDF)