Canada-BC Agri-Innovation Program
The Canada-BC Agri-Innovation Program is not accepting applications at this time.
The Canada-BC Agri-Innovation Program (CBCAIP) provides cost-shared funding to support industry-led, late stage research, pilot and pre-commercial demonstration projects that lead to the commercialization and/or adoption of innovative products, processes, practices and technologies in B.C.
Innovation funding supports projects at all three stages of the innovation continuum:
- Research and Development: late-stage research projects that lead to the development of innovative products, practices, processes and technologies with the potential to move to the pilot or demonstration stage within two years.
- Pilot and Demonstration: projects focus on testing or demonstrating pre-commercial products, processes, practices or technologies from around the world that are new to B.C., or developed in B.C. Projects should result in market-ready solutions ready for commercialization or adoption by the sector.
- Commercialization and Adoption: projects support activities that reduce the financial and business risks associated with the late-stage commercialization and adoption of new to B.C. products, processes, practices and technologies.
Priority for funding will be given to five areas of activity identified to advance innovation and competitiveness in B.C.
- Advancements in plant, animal and food science
- Energy and waste management
- New product development and commercialization
- Improvements in soil, water and air quality
- Climate change adaptation
- B.C. agri-food sector producers and processors
- Industry associations/organizations
- Retail and food service businesses
- Input, technology and support services providers
- Academic institutions and/or other organizations and private sector businesses
- Regional districts and local governments
Applicant organizations must have a head office or be registered to do business in B.C.
Applications to the Canada-BC Agri-Innovation Program are now closed. The program ends March 31, 2018.