Food Business Refresh Program
The Fall 2020 intake is fully subscribed. Applications are now being added to a waitlist.
The Food Business Refresh program is a cost-share program that supports local companies to find opportunities to pivot from markets disrupted by COVID 19 to new market channels. This process makes them more resilient and competitive, helps them grow their business and keep their workers, contributing to B.C. economy and food supply.
The B.C. government is partnering with the Small Scale Food Processing Association to develop assessment tools, facilitated business coaching, technical supports and cost shared research and development as well as lab services. This program is supported in part with funding from Western Economic Diversification Canada
The Ministry will provide successful applicants up to $4,000 towards implementation costs. Successful applicants are required to pay a 20% cost share portion of the implementation costs.
2020-2021 Food Business Refresh Program
- Business Coaching
- Analysis of business plan, development of strategic plan
- Technical Expert Consultation
- Food scientist/technologist, distribution consultant, packaging designer, product developer, regulatory compliance expert
- Implementation of new product (funding direct to eligible business)
- Lab analysis of product attributes (nutritional information, shelf life), packaging, label, equipment purchases
- Existing B.C. food and beverage processors that have total annual gross revenues greater than $30,000 per year and have been impacted by COVID-19 foodservice and tourism market disruptions
- Applicants must also have a head office or be registered to do business in B.C.
Step 1: Complete application form
Step 2: After receiving confirmation the application is approved, the applicant will receive instructions to attend the program from the Food Business Refresh team
Step 3: Once in the program, participants will work with industry experts and business coaches to assess needs and develop a tailored, specific plan of action