Farm Business Advisory Services
The B.C. Farm Business Advisory Services program provides support to B.C. farmers to better understand their financial situation and benchmark farm performance prior to making plans for the future development of their businesses. Access to basic financial analysis and specialized business planning services will enable producers to make more informed management decisions.
This program has a farm self-assessment component and a consulting component.
Once a self-assessment and farm action plan are completed producers may apply for Farm Business Advisory Services.
Producers may be eligible for funding toward business consulting services for their operations. These services fall into two tiers:
- Tier 1- Basic farm financial assessment (100% support up to $1,900 with a $100 upfront fee paid by producers to the Farm Business Advisor)
- Tier 2- Specialized business planning (85% support up to $3,000 - no fee) to adopt progressive farm business management practices and strategies in nine business management areas:
- Business strategy
- Succession planning
- Marketing strategy
- Business structure
- Production economics
- Risk assessment
- Human resources
- Value-added ventures
- Financial management
- B.C. agricultural producers
- B.C. small scale food processors
- Read more about eligibility requirements in the program overview July 2017 (PDF)