Business Knowledge & Strategic Adaptation
Enhance your agrifood business management capacity through farm business management resources, workshops, education, and advisory services.
The program has four areas of focus:
- Business Knowledge & Adaptation
- Funding for farm business speakers at industry events
- Farm business management resources for agrifood producers and businesses
- Farm business information workshops and seminars
- Farm Business Advisory Services
- Electronic farm business assessment
- Basic farm financial assessment with a consultant (Tier 1)
- Specialized business plan with a consultant (Tier 2)
- Eligibility requirements for Tier 1 and Tier 2 programs include gross farm income of $10,000 from sales of eligible farm commodities for an established farmer, or minimum gross sales of $10,000 within three years for a new farmer
- First Nations Agrifood Business Support
- Help to improve existing and new First Nations’ agrifood businesses and projects
- Wildfire - Farm Business Recovery Advisory Services
- Professional advisory service for farmers and ranchers to better understand the adverse effects of 2017's wildfires on their current production and financial situation, to enable them to implement an immediate and long-term recovery plan.