Agriculture Income Protection (AgriStability)
Agriculture producers can adapt and invest in their farm operation by managing the risk of small and large income declines.
AgriStability continues to offer a full suite of program services during the current COVID-19 emergency.
However, as a temporary measure, we are not providing services in person in order to limit the spread of COVID-19 to the public and our employees.
For further information and contact details, please read our letter to our valued clients.
2020 Enrolment Deadline Extension
In an effort to help farmers manage the impact of current market disruptions and production challenges the Federal‐Provincial‐Territorial (FPT) governments have agreed to extend the 2020 AgriStability enrolment deadline.
What do the changes for 2020 include?
- The enrolment deadline for 2020 has been extended from April 30th, 2020 to July 3rd, 2020
- Enrolment fees can be paid without a penalty until July 3rd, 2020; whether you are new, already participating or have previously opted out
- If you choose to opt out for the 2020 AgriStability Program year, you now have up to July 3rd, 2020 to sign back up
AgriStability helps stabilize farm income by managing the risk of large income declines.
How it Works
AgriStability protects agricultural producers against declines in their net farming income due to market conditions, production loss or increased costs of production. Payments are made if a producer’s current year margin falls more than 30% below their reference margin.
Watch the videos to learn more about AgriStability.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have income from the primary production of agricultural commodities
- Have carried on the business of farming in Canada and reported farming income (or loss) for income tax purposes
- Have completed a minimum of six consecutive months farming activity
- Have completed a production cycle that includes one or more of the following:
- The growing and harvesting of a crop
- The process of rearing livestock
- The purchase and sale of livestock within a program year in the case of feeding or finishing enterprises
How to Apply
AgriStability Guides and Forms are available to apply for interim benefits, access harmonized forms, reference margin forms and price lists.
Producers who participated in the previous program year are automatically sent an enrolment notice for the new program year.
Notify us to enrol if you have never participated or previously opted out of the AgriStability program.
Submit the online New Participant Package forms by April 30 of the program year or request a New Participant Package by April 30 of the program year; Note: The enrolment deadline for 2020 has been extended from April 30, 2020 to July 3, 2020. Complete and return the forms within 30 days of receiving the package. The information provided will be used to produce an enrolment notice and calculate the enrolment fee.
New Participant Package
- New Participant Instructions
- New Participant Information and Declaration
- Participant Third Party Authorization Form
In addition, complete the form(s) applicable to all of the commodities produced, or intended to be produced for the program year:
- Berries and Christmas trees
- Grain, livestock and bees
- Nursery and greenhouse
- Tree fruit and grape
Note: The enrolment deadline for 2020 has been extended from April 30, 2020 to July 3, 2020.
Appeals regarding the processing of applications are accepted within 90 days of the date of the decision.
The appeal must clearly identify the nature of the appeal and provide sufficient information and documentation to substantiate it. A missed deadline may be excused if extenuating circumstances can be demonstrated. However, exceptions to program policy like eligibility, or other disagreements with program rules, cannot be appealed.
Requests to change previously submitted information used to calculate program benefits can be made within 18 months of the date of the original Calculation of Program Benefits notice.
Call 1-877-343-2767, drop in to your regional office or email us.
|Abbotsford (serving Greater Vancouver, Vancouver Island)
1767 Angus Campbell Road
|Oliver (serving South Okanagan, Similkameen, Kootenays)
201-583 Fairview Rd
|Kelowna (serving Central & North Okanagan, Thompson Valley, Nicola Valley, Cariboo, Chilcotin)
200-1500 Hardy Street
|Fort St. John (serving Prince George, Peace River)
Fort St. John, BC