Agriculture Income Protection (AgriStability)
Agriculture producers can adapt and invest in their farm operation by managing the risk of small and large income declines.
2019 AgriStability Enrolment Deadline Extension
In an effort to help farmers manage the impact of current market disruptions and production challenges the Federal‐Provincial‐Territorial (FPT) governments have agreed to extend the 2019 AgriStability enrolment deadline.
What do the changes for 2019 include?
- The enrolment deadline for 2019 has been extended from April 30, 2019 to July 2, 2019.
- Enrolment fees can be paid without a penalty until July 2, 2019; whether you are new, already participating, or have previously opted out.
- If you choose to opt out for the 2019 AgriStability Program year, you now have up to July 2nd, 2019 to sign back up.
AgriStability helps stabilize farm income by managing the risk of large income declines.
How it Works
AgriStability protects agricultural producers against declines in their net farming income due to market conditions, production loss or increased costs of production. Payments are made if a producer’s current year margin falls more than 30% below their reference margin.
Watch the videos to learn more about AgriStability.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have income from the primary production of agricultural commodities
- Have carried on the business of farming in Canada and reported farming income (or loss) for income tax purposes
- Have completed a minimum of six consecutive months farming activity
- Have completed a production cycle that includes one or more of the following:
- The growing and harvesting of a crop
- The process of rearing livestock
- The purchase and sale of livestock within a program year in the case of feeding or finishing enterprises
How to Apply
Producers who participated in the previous program year are automatically sent an enrolment notice for the new program year.
Notify us to enrol if you have never participated or previously opted out of the AgriStability program.
Submit the online New Participant Package forms by April 30 of the program year or request a New Participant Package by April 30 of the program year; Note: The enrolment deadline for 2019 has changed from April 30, 2019 to July 2, 2019. Complete and return the forms within 30 days of receiving the package. The information provided will be used to produce an enrolment notice and calculate the enrolment fee.
New Participant Package
- New Participant Instructions
- New Participant Information and Declaration
- Participant Third Party Authorization Form
In addition, complete the form(s) applicable to all of the commodities produced, or intended to be produced for the program year:
- Berries and Christmas trees
- Grain, livestock and bees
- Nursery and greenhouse
- Tree fruit and grape
|Mar 31||Deadline to submit an interim application. Producer must be enrolled in AgriStability for the current program year.|
Note: The enrolment deadline for 2019 has changed from April 30, 2019 to July 2, 2019.
Deadline for new participants to request a New Participant Package.
Deadline to pay program fee without penalty (or 30 days from the date on the enrolment notice, whichever is later).
Deadline to cancel participation in the program year (or 30 days from the date on the enrolment notice, whichever is later).
|Sep 30||Deadline to submit harmonized AgriStability and AgriInvest programs information and statement of farming activities without penalty.|
Deadline to submit harmonized AgriStability and AgriInvest programs information and statement of farming activities with penalty.
Deadline to pay program fee with penalty. Producers will be not be eligible to receive benefits for that program year if fees not paid by December 31.
Appeals regarding the processing of applications are accepted within 90 days of the date of the decision.
The appeal must clearly identify the nature of the appeal and provide sufficient information and documentation to substantiate it. A missed deadline may be excused if extenuating circumstances can be demonstrated. However, exceptions to program policy like eligibility, or other disagreements with program rules, cannot be appealed.
Requests to change previously submitted information used to calculate program benefits can be made within 18 months of the date of the original Calculation of Program Benefits notice.
Call 1-877-343-2767, drop in to your regional office or email us.
|Abbotsford (serving Greater Vancouver, Vancouver Island)
1767 Angus Campbell Road
|Oliver (serving South Okanagan, Similkameen, Kootenays)
201-583 Fairview Rd
|Kelowna (serving Central & North Okanagan, Thompson Valley, Nicola Valley, Cariboo, Chilcotin)
200-1500 Hardy Street
|Fort St. John (serving Prince George, Peace River)
Fort St. John, BC