2019 British Columbia Forage and Transportation Assistance Initiative
2019 floods in the Cariboo left many ranchers with standing water in hay fields and the inability to harvest. As a result, a number of ranchers in the Cariboo region are experiencing extraordinary expenses relating to the purchase of replacement winter feed.
The 2019 BC Forage and Transportation Assistance Initiative will provide assistance towards the purchase of additional hay for Cariboo ranchers who are required to purchase more hay than they normally would. In addition, where ranchers find it more economically viable to move animals to alternate feed sources rather than transport purchased feed home, assistance with the freight costs for moving the animals will be provided. This assistance is in addition to Production Insurance claims.
The aim of this Initiative is to help livestock producers with the extraordinary hay purchases. It is not intended to compensate for farm income losses and does not diminish the need to purchase commercial insurance for farm assets and infrastructure.
Please find below the Application Forms for the 2019 BC Forage and Transportation Assistance Initiative.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions of your application package
- Complete the general application form, as well as the appendices (e.g. Land Inventory Form and the Canada Revenue Tax Form)
- Identify the payment types that you will be applying for and fill out the Loss Schedule form(s) accordingly
- Completed applications must be received by June 1, 2020
- Upon completion, please return the application and Loss Schedule form(s) to us by scanning and emailing, faxing or by mail
Please do not hesitate to call the contacts, listed below, if you have any questions. Business Risk Management Branch staff will do their best to help you.
|Telephone:||1 888 332 3352 (Toll Free)|
|Fax:||1 250 861 7490|
|Mail:||2019-20 - BC Forage and Transportation Assistance Initiative|
|Business Risk Management Branch|
|Ministry of Agriculture|
|200 - 1690 Powick Road|
|Kelowna, V1X 7G5|
Forms: Canada - B.C. Forage and Transportation Assistance Initiative for 2019-20
- General Application & Terms and Conditions – BC Forage and Transportation Assistance Initiative
- Loss Schedule L1 – Forage Assistance
- Loss Schedule L2 – Transportation Costs