2019-2020 British Columbia AgriStability Enhancement Program
The British Columbia government has established the 2019 and 2020 B.C. AgriStability Enhancement Program which will help agricultural producers manage 2019 and 2020 income losses.
2020 Enrolment Deadline Extension
In an effort to help farmers manage the impact of current market disruptions and production challenges the Federal‐Provincial‐Territorial (FPT) governments have agreed to extend the 2020 AgriStability enrolment deadline.
What do the changes for 2020 include?
- The enrolment deadline for 2020 has been extended from April 30th, 2020 to July 3rd, 2020
- Enrolment fees can be paid without a penalty until July 3rd, 2020; whether you are new, already participating or have previously opted out
- If you choose to opt out for the 2020 AgriStability Program year, you now have up to July 3rd, 2020 to sign back up
The B.C. government is offering greater coverage to farmers who have lost income due to weather, trade challenges or natural disaster. The Program includes:
- Increasing the compensation rate, for all farms, from 70% to 80% on income margin losses greater than 30%. In other words, B.C. will be adding 14.3% to every AgriStability payment.
- An AgriStability payment is triggered when a producer’s current margin (allowable income less allowable expenses) drops more than 30% below their average historical margin (referred to as Reference Margin)
- Eliminating the Reference Margin Limit (RML) which reduced compensation for some farms.
- Farms which have wide margins due to low eligible expenses will no longer have their compensation reduced due to the RML.
If you are already participating in AgriStability for 2019 or 2020 or both and have suffered an income loss, you will automatically receive the increased protection that this BC program provides. There are no additional enrolment requirements other than you must be enrolled in AgriStability.
- New AgriStability participants can still enrol for 2020. The enrolment deadline has been extended from April 30, 2020 to July 3, 2020 for the 2020 program year.
- Complete and submit the New Participant Information and Declaration form to the AgriStability Administration by scanning and emailing, faxing or by mail.
- Read the British Columbia AgriStability Enhancement Program Guidelines - 2019 and 2020 Taxation Year and Terms and Conditions of the 2019 and 2020 British Columbia AgriStability Enhancement Program
Interim Payment Increase for 2019
The governments of Canada and British Columbia have agreed to increase the 2019 AgriStability interim payment percentage from 50% to 75% of the estimated final 2019 benefit for B.C. Farmers.
If your farm has experienced an income decline in 2019, the AgriStability interim payment feature can help. The interim payment is an advance on your final 2019 AgriStability benefit; the deadline to apply is Mar. 31, 2020.
If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Dedicated personnel are in place to assist you with the application process.
1 877 343-2767 (toll free)
1 877 605-8467 (toll free)
B.C. AgriStability Enhancement Program