How to Package Specimens
Please ensure to comply with specimen submission requirements. Unsatisfactory specimens will be discarded.
- Each tissue should be submitted in a separate, labeled, sealed bag
- Please indicate
- the source of the sample (e.g. rectal, liver, etc.) and,
- the number of vials included with each submission
- Separate labelled samples are required for each test (e.g. bacteriology, virology, etc.) as they are sent to different sections of the lab for processing. Additional charges will apply for any sample that needs to be split for processing.
- Paired sera must be tested on the same day to render a meaningful comparison
- A completed history sheet and submission form is best received in its own separate plastic bag
- Clearly indicate the total number of items submitted for each submission, on the submission form