Agricultural Waste Management Practices
It is critically important to follow recommended beneficial practices of agricultural waste management for the health and welfare of yourself and others.
The responsibility for maintaining beneficial practices is required by farmers and citizens of British Columbia for the management of manure, carcass disposal, composting, and farmstead refuse.
Learn more about options available for waste disposal in an environmentally sustainable manner:
- Livestock Waste Management - EFP Reference Guide (PDF, 5.7 MB)
- Agricultural Waste Disposal - Best Practices Guide (PDF, 7.0 MB)
- Farm Waste (PDF, 4.8 MB)
Farm Wastes to Farm Assets
The following reports explore the potential for converting agricultural waste products to farm assets and improving environmental sustainability:
- Testing Poultry Litter Biochar as a Soil Amendment for Annual Ornamental Crops
(PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Social, Economic and Environmental Evaluation of Treatment Systems for Manure
(PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Selection and Evaluation of Water and Wastewater Beneficial Management Practice Guide for the B.C. Mushroom Industry (PDF, 1.3 MB)