Real Estate Consultations
The Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate is requesting feedback on proposed rules governing the conduct of licensees providing real estate services in the Province of British Columbia.
These new rules are complementary to the rules previously made in November (PDF), which will come into force on June 15, 2018.
These rule amendments would:
- incorporate the Real Estate Council of British Columbia's English language proficiency requirement for new applicants into the Rules;
- create a new requirement for licensees to complete continuing professional education courses from time to time, typically when significant new rules are introduced;
- designate the first continuing professional education course to be completed by trading services and rental property management licensees;
- mandate that new remuneration disclosures include a dollar amount; and,
- create new rules to address conflicts of interest where a licensee finds themselves potentially working with multiple parties that would constitute dual agency.
View a draft of the new rules with annotations (PDF).
Provide feedback on the proposed rules by filling out a survey. The survey will close on April 20, 2018 at 6:00 pm, concluding a 30-day public consultation period. Survey responses are anonymous and will be kept confidential.