Submitting Price Changes for Brand Name and Single-source Generic Drugs
After consulting with manufacturers, PharmaCare improved its procedures for implementing price changes received from drug manufacturers for brand name and single-source generic drugs.
Note: This process does not apply to price changes for generic drugs that are part of the Low Cost Alternative (LCA) Program.
Submitting Price Increases
As of January 1, 2014, manufacturers can submit price increases only once a year to email@example.com and must use PharmaCare’s Excel price change spreadsheet template.
- The annual deadline for submissions is January 31.
- The price changes will come into effect on April 1 of the same year.
- Requests for price increases received on or after February 1 will be effective April 1 the following year.
- You will be sent an email confirming that we have received your request for price increases.
- The prices of new products that PharmaCare has reviewed and added as benefits will be effective on the same date that the drug listing decision becomes effective.
Submitting Price Decreases
Similar to price increases, manufacturers can submit price decreases to firstname.lastname@example.org and must use the PharmaCare’s Excel spreadsheet template (XLSX, 19KB). However, price decreases can be sent throughout the year.
Price decreases will be effective in PharmaNet 30 days after manufacturer’s price decrease. This will allow pharmacies time to clear the stock purchased at higher prices.
Price Change Excel Spreadsheet
As of January 1, 2014, price changes submitted by mail or fax will no longer be accepted. Manufacturers are required to use the Excel spreadsheet template (XLSX, 19KB) to submit price changes.