Antidepressants: Drug Information
|Personalized education in 30-60 minutes via web conferencing (e.g., Zoom or WebEx) at a time that is convenient for you. This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credits.|
Participants will be able to thoughtfully prescribe, monitor and manage antidepressant therapy in their patients.
During the academic detailing visit, participants will have the opportunity to discuss:
- How the efficacy of antidepressants is measured in clinical trials and synthesized in meta-analyses
- The quality and quantity of evidence that informs conclusions regarding antidepressant comparisons and combinations, and
- Drug information relevant to the prescribing, deprescribing and monitoring of antidepressants, including: dose response, adverse events, clinical toxicology, drug interactions, available dosage forms and ability to taper practically, and cost and coverage
After the academic detailing visit, participants will be able to:
- Choose an initial antidepressant informed by potential for adverse events, clinical toxicology, propensity for withdrawal symptoms, risk of drug interactions, ability to taper practically, and cost
- Apply evidence regarding antidepressant dose-response relationships
- Implement an antidepressant tapering strategy
When: Until March 3, 2022
Where: Via 'virtual detailing' (Individualized web or teleconference)
How: Email email@example.com
For more information about the PAD service, visit PAD Frequently Asked Questions.