Drug Review Results
Our Drug Review Results search tool provides information on;
- all drugs reviewed by the national Common Drug Review (CDR) and then submitted to the Ministry for consideration
- all drug reviews completed by the Ministry on or after January 1, 2005
- basic information on brand name drugs currently under review by the Ministry and the CDR, including
- the drug's brand name, chemical name and manufacturer
- the drug's indication (that is, the condition it is used to treat)
- the date when the drug was submitted to the Ministry
- whether the drug was reviewed by the CDR
- the date the CDR made its recommendation
- the drug's PharmaCare program status (e.g., under review, non-benefit, etc.)
- the date on which the Ministry's decision was made
Review results include the date of the Drug Benefit Council (DBC) meeting at which the drug was discussed. Dates are included only for drugs brought to the DBC after November 1, 2009.
Information on the review of generic drugs is not included as these reviews are usually completed within 6 to 8 weeks of the manufacturer's submission.
- Access the Drug Review Results.
- For information on the benefit status of drugs not found in the Drug Review Results data, please use PharmaCare Formulary Search.