On this page…
- List of the drugs PharmaCare covers (Formulary Search)
- Drugs requiring pre-approval
- Drug review process & results
- Drug shortage information
- Drug coverage limits
PharmaCare covers a broad range of prescription drugs. In some cases, the maximum PharmaCare reimburses for a drug is limited only by the rules of your PharmaCare plan. In other cases, it may be limited by a general coverage policy that applies no matter what PharmaCare plan you are on. The Formulary Search provides information on the drugs PharmaCare covers, the plans under which each drug is covered, and the maximum PharmaCare will reimburse.
- To find out which drugs PharmaCare covers, see Formulary Search.
To obtain PharmaCare coverage, in some cases, your prescriber may need to submit a request for coverage (“Special Authority”).
- For more information, see Drugs Requiring Pre-approval.
Find out how PharmaCare decides which drugs to cover, the results of coverage decisions, and how you can give input into those decisions.
Find out about current provincial drug shortages, including any alternative(s) PharmaCare is covering.
- See the drug shortage list on the Drug Shortage Information page.
For information on polices that limit the amount PharmaCare covers for particular drugs, see General Coverage Policies.