If your permanent address is located in one of these affected areas and you’ve been impacted by flooding or wildfires, call 1-877-405-4909. You may be able to access assistance.
If you can’t pay your Medical Services Plan (MSP) invoice in full by the due date, contact us to discuss a payment plan arrangement.
After the due date if you have a balance owing your account will become overdue and collection action will begin. Collection action may include:
- notifying the Canada Revenue Agency to apply money owing to you to your MSP balance
- requiring your employer to deduct money from your paycheque
- requiring your bank or financial institution to pay money from your account(s)
- registering a charge against your property
- referring your debt to a private collection agency
If you have been contacted by a collection agency and do not believe you owe the premiums being requested, call the telephone number provided by the collection agency. If you recently applied for premium assistance or your premiums are now paid under an employer’s group plan, inform the collection agency.
You remain responsible for paying any premiums that will not be fully subsidized under the assistance program, or that are for the time you were not covered by the employer.