Including people in early stages of the prototyping presents a great opportunity to co-design with users and stakeholders. Creating many prototypes ensures that teams do not get stuck on the first good idea that comes along.
The output from prototyping workshops often needs more development and refinement. Smaller teams are the most effective at taking the workshop prototypes and getting them to a state where the full team can test them.
The following questions will help the team to understand the context for prototyping and testing it.
- What is needed from the prototype?
- What is needed in order to do the best prototyping?
- Is it being shared internally to build commitment and understanding?
- Is the team demonstrating a concept to see how it resonates with citizens, clients, or the frontline team?
- Is the team iterating and refining production details?