Why Should I Care About Plain Language?
The B.C. government is committed to content accessibility including plain language. Learn more in the Plain Language Guide.
Benefits of Plain language:
- Plain language is accessible
- Encourages people to read your website
- Efficient Communication
- Less time for approvals
- Fewer misunderstandings
- Fewer calls to call centres
- Better citizen experience
- Increased accessibility of government information and services
- Less paper waste
- Less storage and maintenance
- Confidence in what you read
Remember—Less is more: people tend to spend more time reading concise and clear content.