Exercise Twelve: Evaluate a Page Using a Plain Language Checklist
This exercise is the same as Exercise 11 except that you have the opportunity to select the text you want to edit.
- Choose a webpage to review. Ideally, you would select either a page you have written or a page that you have the power to edit, but any page will do.
- Copy the content of the page into Microsoft Word.
- Use the spell checker to obtain a Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level for the page. Aim for nine or below, depending on your audience.
- Use what you have learned in this course and the Plain Language Checklist to edit the page. Simplify, clarify, and improve the content.
- Use Hemingway App to review the page content for additional tips.
When you're done, continue to Exercise Twelve Takeaways