Plain Language Course
Before you Start
Who is this course for?
This self-directed course is for people who write anything for the B.C. government—from engineering reports to emails, news releases to websites.
How long will it take?
- It will take a couple of hours to read the text and complete the exercises
- Supplemental resources including videos and articles will take additional time
Will I earn credit?
No. This is self-directed learning.
- Follow the links at the bottom of each page to the next topic
- Follow the links to the exercises in the text
- Why Should I Care About Plain Language?
- What is Plain Language?
- How do I Write in Plain Language?
- Plain Language: Audience & Purpose
- Plain Language: Structure
- Plain Language: Design
- Plain Language: Expression
- Plain Language: Evaluation
- Plain Language Course Summary
- Plain Language Exercises