Content Design Guide
Guidelines to help you plan, design, develop and govern website content.
Who Should Use This Guide?
Anyone who writes or develops digital content for the B.C. government should use this guide.
Why Content Design?
Digital content needs to be developed, researched and tested to serve a purpose and meet the needs of a well understood audience.
A consistent approach to content design can help you achieve this.
Content Design Guidelines
Follow the guidelines below to design website content that works.
- Start with content design principles
- Use a lightweight content strategy
- Analyze and understand audiences
- Edit for quality, style and plain language
- Understand and plan content governance
- Interview subject matter experts
- Audit content to eliminate ROT
- Test content to validate assumptions
- Fine tune content with in-page metrics