Images can serve to enhance or distract from content. If the image does not "tell a story" it is best practice not to include it. Never use an image to replace content.
- Click on the Insert Image icon on the toolbar
The Image Picker will be displayed
- Click the [Image Picker] button. Note: if the asset does not already exist in the CMS Lite, see Upload Assets for more information
The Asset Picker will be displayed
- Search or Navigate to the applicable image
- Click on applicable item to highlight it (in blue) and then click [Select] to complete the action
The Image Properties box will be re-displayed with the internal file path and ID of the asset.
- Mark as decorative: Select this if your image is meant for decoration only. Screen readers will ignore this image.
- Alternative Text field: Mandatory field. Enter a meaningful description that will optimize search results, display on mouse-over in a web browser and be used by screen readers for the visually impaired
- Horizontal Space: Adds white space on either side of an image. Suggested value: 5 (pixels). Not applicable if alignment is set to Center
- Vertical Space: Adds white space above and below an image. Suggested value: 5 (pixels). Not applicable if alignment is set to Center
- Border: If using a border, keep in 'thin'. Suggested value: 1 (pixel)
- Alignment: if inserting an image that is going to expand the entire width of the content well, leave the default set to None. If using a smaller image width you have the option to wrap text around it by choosing Left or Right from the drop-down. Choosing Center will display the image in the centre but not wrap text around it
- Image Links tab: To create a link from the image, click on the tab
- Paste an external link in the Hyperlink Target field, or select the [Asset Picker] or [Page Picker] action button to choose an internal target
- If linking to a web page, leave the Target set to Current Window. If linking to a PDF you may set the Target to New Window as per the Web Standards
- Click the [OK] button to complete the action
The Image Picker will be closed and the image will be displayed at the cursor insertion point