Create an Image Map
Prior to creating an image map, you must first insert an image into your content.
- Click on the inserted image
- Select the Insert/Edit Image Map icon on the toolbar
The Image Map tool will be displayed
- Choose one of the Image Map Area tools to highlight the hotspot on the image
- Click the left-mouse button to define the start of the drawing area (a cross-hair tool will appear +); continue to hold down the mouse button and drag the drawing tool over the desired area of the image (an outline will appear as you move the mouse)
- Click the left-mouse button again to define the end of the drawing area to lock the area (the outline will turn red).
A sequential number will appear in the top-left corner of the drawing area
- In the URL field, enter a valid URL or choose the [Page Picker] or [Asset Picker] to link to an internal page or asset
- Enter a description in the Title field which will be displayed in the web browser on mouse-over
Repeat steps 3 to 7 to add additional hotspots
- Click [OK] to save and close the image map
The Image Map Tool will be closed and a grey border will appear around the selected hotspot