CMS Lite Release Notes - 2015
The following section describes upgrades in previous releases and, where applicable, links to additional information and functionality.
Product: CMS Lite
- v2.3.5 - Dec 1, 2015
- v2.3.4 - Oct 27, 2015
- v2.3.3 - Oct 6, 2015
- v2.3.2 - Sep 8, 2015
- v2.3.1 - Aug 4, 2015
- v2.3.0 - Jun 21, 2015
- v2.2.6 - May 5, 2015
- v2.2.5 - Apr 14, 2015
- v2.2.4 - Mar 17, 2015
- v2.2.3 - Feb 25, 2015
- v2.2.2 - Jan 27, 2015
- v2.2.1 - Jan 6, 2015
Release Number: 2.3.5
Release Date: Dec 1, 2015
- Dynamic pickers for pages and assets have been enhanced to include the page or asset location when you hover over the results
- The description field in the insert image properties box is now mandatory
- Content editors will be required to enter a description when updating an existing image that has a null description field
- You now have the ability to re-order right-column boxes
- Uploading assets has been increased to 100 MB (from 50 MB) during a single process
- Up to 500 files may be uploaded or published as long as the total size does not exceed 100 MB
- The function to render content in the Content Status Pane of the home page has been optimized to provide quicker results
Release Number: 2.3.4
Release Date: Oct 27, 2015
- Improved response of the Metadata term type-ahead and term picker search to display results. Results appear five times faster
- When using the search feature in the dynamic pickers, the cursor will focus into the input field
- The user interface for adding new links in the Related Links component has been improved
- The Image Map plug-in has been updated to a newer version to address responsive design
Release Number: 2.3.3
Release Date: Oct 6, 2015
- To increase efficiency when adding links to content, the Target window drop-down is now directly above the Asset Picker button
- Always choose New Window when linking to an asset
- Embed YouTube or Gov Video component has been updated to accept the new https: protocol for YouTube
- new frame sizes have been added to the Size drop-down selection and videos will now be centred
- Embed Map instructions tab reflects the change to Step 2 when embedding Google Map
- new frame sizes have been added to the Size drop-down selection and maps will now be centred
- Promo Box target has been fixed to target Current Window by default
- Unpublishing confirmation has been updated to include a warning message about orphaned content
- Total number of selected files has been added to the Asset Status Grid and the Asset Folder Pane
- Up to 500 files may be published as long as the total size does not exceed 100 MB
- A message, "No Assets to display at this time", has been added to the Asset Status Grid when no results meet the search criteria
Release Number: 2.3.2
Release Date: Sep 8, 2015
- An asset validation icon has been added to the Asset Status grid
- The option to have a Promo Box image open in a new window when linking to a non-HTML file has been added
- The Information tiles (found in the "How may we help you?" section of the homepage) now allow users to do searches confined to the tile's Theme.
- Horizontal tag <hr> is darker now.
- The Creator metadata field has been added for Analytical Profiles
- Fixed: The various A-Z pages no longer convert special characters to character codes (e.g.: Driver's will now be written as Driver's)
Fixed: Maps no longer "bleed" into the right columns
Release Number: 2.3.1
Release Date: Aug 4, 2015
- You now have the option to revert the body content to the version that is in PROD. Note:
- this applies to www2.gov.bc.ca only (for now).
- just the Body field will be reverted.
- if Saving content multiple times, when reverted, only the body content currently in PROD will be overwritten (not a version that is in QA).
- A modified column has been included in the asset folder grid of the Asset Folder Pane. Note: this value was already part of the Asset grid on the homepage.
- A new field, Title, has been added to the Settings tab in the Asset Settings Pane. This field allows for a more human-readable file name (which may help with providing better search results). It is a mandatory field. Note: for existing assets, and new assets being uploaded, the Title field will default to the file name. It is up to the content editor to change this value to a more readable title.
- Improved: Copy & paste used in WYSIWYG fields have been refined.
- Fixed: The counters used in WYSIWYG fields (which only allow a limited number of characters) have been corrected.
- Fixed: Upon first logging into the homepage, the grids will be sorted by Modified date.
- Fixed: HRUs ending with or without a slash ( / ) can now be used to Open a page or asset.
PROD and QA
- A disclaimer message now appears in the QA web browser, to visually indicate users are in QA and to advise that the content is not final. Note: this applies to www2.gov.bc.ca only (for now).
- YouTube videos will automatically resize and not bleed into the Right Column, if those components are present.
Release Number: 2.3.0
Release Date: Jun 21, 2015
CMS Lite 2.3.0 was launched with the release of the redesigned www2.gov.bc.ca, which supports the new 15-theme based site. The following CMS Lite changes are only applicable to content editors who manage www2.gov.bc.ca content. Note: the Enhanced Search product was also upgraded. Please refer to its release notes.
- The GUID-based URL (GBU) structure was replaced with a Human-readable URL (HRU) structure
- The new structure follows the I.A. (breadcrumb trail) of the site
- Content Editors can modify the structure of the URL in the Content Pane Settings tab (via a Page Path value update or a page move) and the Asset Folder Pane Settings tab (via a folder name change or by moving the asset to another location).
- Note 1: When making changes to the Page Path value, please allow a few seconds for the page (and all child pages) to reflect the new URL path before viewing in QA. In addition, once you deploy a page, you should allow the publish job to complete, then View in production. If you receive a 404 page, that means the URL has been updated (and you are looking at the previously used path).
- Note 2: When making changes to the URL, via: (1) an asset, asset folder or page move, or (2) an update to an asset folder name or update to the Page Path; the Prod URL field (in the Settings tab) will be updated as follows:
- To what the NEW URL will be WHEN YOU deploy the page out (not the current one).
- Will only be updated (on the screen) when the page is refreshed.
Example: Update the Page Path for a content page, click [Save], click on the node in the left navigation pane -- the Prod URL will show what the NEW URL will be when the page is published to Production.
- You will not be able to be modify an Asset file name after it has been uploaded into CMS Lite.
- Flickr feeds may now be inserted into content and right-column boxes.
- When creating tables, avoid the use of background cell shading to comply with accessibility standards.
- Feature Boxes functionality within the Topic Content Tabs has been disabled and will be revisited at a later date.
- The Government homepage and various static web pages for Gov (previously managed in Teamsite) are now managed through CMS Lite.
- Fix - You can no longer directly paste an image (e.g.: from MS Word) into the WYSIWYG editor.
NOTE: PUBLISH LEFT NAVIGATION FUNCTION IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE TO CONTENT EDITORS
Release Number: 2.2.6
Release Date: May 5, 2015
- Asset file sizes are now displayed on the Asset Status Grid of the homepage and the grid of the Folder tab of the Asset Folder Pane.
- The cap of 50 MB worth of files per workflow has been increased to 100 MB when publishing.
- Note: the restriction of uploading 50 MB (or less) worth of files is still in effect.
- Approval is now required to embed an interactive map.
- QA links inadvertently used when creating content will now be replaced to the equivalent PROD URL upon save/publish.
- Corrected an issue that would default back to the Settings tab in the Content Pane (when on another tab) when the [Publish] action is invoked. The author will now remain on the current tab when publishing.
- For vocabulary or term picker fields, additional validation has been added to obey the configured minimum and maximum number of allowed items.
- Plus, additional back-end fixes to improve stability and usability.
Release Number: 2.2.5
Release Date: Apr 14, 2015
- Implemented a permanent fix to Dynamic Pickers (as they were not functioning correctly).
- Tree navigation no longer displays an arrow '>' when no child nodes exist.
- Removed the temporary fix.
- Fixed the CKEditor (WYSIWYG field), where:
- Embedded videos can now use use dimension 252px x 189px, thus allowing videos to appear in a Promo Box in the right column.
- External links are now displayed on the Content/Asset Status Pane on the homepage.
- Both External links and Pages display icons in the Content grid indicating their types.
- Plus, additional back-end fixes to improve stability.
Release Number: 2.2.4
Release Date: Mar 17, 2015
- The Asset Status Pane (on the homepage) now allows users to search for a file and folder name.
- Dynamic pickers now utilize pagination.
- When publishing a single batch of content/assets, the queue has been reduced from 60 seconds to 15 seconds. However, if you publish jobs one after the other, the jobs will be queued.
- Locked pages can now be opened from Content/Asset Status Pane. Note: you cannot edit the page until it is unlocked. It is best practice to check with the person who has it locked to see if you can edit the page.
- The 'Locked By' column no longer displays a lock or key; it will now display the IDIR account of the person that has the file locked.
- A [View QA] action button has been added to the Asset Settings Pane.
- A [View PROD] action button has been added to the Content Pane, and the [Preview] action button has been changed to read [View QA].
- The process that automatically deletes 'Completed' published jobs that are older than 24 hours, has been fixed.
- For those who create Tag Collections, you can now define which pages should use one, by default, thus speeding up the tagging process.
- For those who are using Enhanced Search, a menu item of the same name has been included in the Banner.
- A fix has been implemented to show CMS Lite alert messages throughout all screens.
- Plus, additional back-end fixes to improve stability.
Release Number: 2.2.3
Release Date: Feb 25, 2015
- CMS Lite has been certified for use on Google Chrome v40+. You now have a choice - the latest Firefox or Chrome.
- The CKEditor (WYSIWYG) tool has been upgraded (for the first time) to a more recent version of the product.
- Fixed a bug on the homepage that showed some Assets with an incorrect breadcrumb location.
- Fixed a bug with the "Publish Selected with Children" action feature.
- Implemented a fix that will restrict content creation at a depth beyond the maximum levels (e.g.: for Gov, max depth is 8 levels of I.A.).
- The Group management pane now shows what nodes are protected by each security group.
- Minor UI improvements on the homepage.
- Emergency Fix - The process that automatically deletes 'Completed' published jobs that are older than 24 hours, has been temporarily disabled. This action was taken as a result of stability issues it was causing to CMS Lite and other systems.
- Plus, a few additional backend fixes to improve stability.
Release Number: 2.2.2
Release Date: Jan 27, 2015
- Alert messages can now be displayed within the CMS Lite application.
- Automatically select checkbox when using Open Page functionality.
- Also, now able to open URLs with page anchors in the string.
- Home screen settings and filters are retained for the duration of a session.
- Improved performance when moving nodes in the Navigation Pane to decrease timeout errors.
- The ability to embed Google Maps has been added to the editor toolbar.
- Modified date column in the Folder tab of the Asset Folder Pane is now sortable.
- Continued enhancements to Group management.
- Miscellaneous backend fixes to improve speed and stability.
Release Number: 2.2.1
Release Date: Jan 6, 2015
- Ability to 'bulk tag' selected page (nodes) or assets with metadata and/or tags in a single action.
- Image description field displays on rollover in a web browser. Please note that this only impacts images inserted after this release. Rollover text for existing images will be handled in a future release.
- Enhancements to Group management.
- Plus, backend fixes and validation checks to improve speed and stability.