Create a New Page
Prior to creating pages it is helpful to understand your site structure and the Content Navigation Pane. Some content editors may be creating all their pages under a single topic, for example, CMS Lite Manual. Others content editors may have access to numerous topics under one or more Themes and Sub-Themes.
- Navigate to the applicable location in the Content Navigation Pane and select the Parent node (topic or sub-topic) that you want the new page to be created under
- Check the box next to the page node , or click on the page node title to select it
- Click the drop-down Action menu and select New Page
The Choose a Template box will be displayed with Topic as the default
- When creating content for the B.C. government site, most content is created using the Topic template. If uncertain, confirm with your internal web group
- Number of pages defaults to one (1). Choose from the drop-down list to create more than one page
If more than one page is selected, a message will be displayed below the number of pages field
- Click [Confirm] to complete the action
A confirmation message indicating the number of pages created will be displayed, along with a validation warning
The New Page(s) will be displayed in the Content Pane and will appear n the navigation tree at a child level (one level down) of the selected page
Click image to view in full screen
- The following fields will be auto-populated
- Title, Nav Title and Page Path fields will be displayed with New-Page-x, where x is a unique system generated number. All three fields must be updated prior to publishing
- Prod URL, Prod GUID URL ad ID are assigned to the new page(s)
- Created Date, Created By, Modified Date, Modified By and Locked Date and Locked By fields are all populated with the applicable information.
- Under the Metadata Tab, Content Type, Language, Security Level and Classification terms are pre-populate. All other mandatory fields must be completed before a new page can be published. See the Content Pane tab for further information
If you do not remove the words New Page from the Title, Nav Title and Page Path on the Settings tab, a warning message will be displayed the first time you select the [Save] action button. The message will not be displayed on subsequent saves.
Important: make sure to also remove the system generated number from all three fields.
A warning message will be displayed each time the [Save] action is invoked until all mandatory fields are completed. An exclamation mark will be displayed on the tab(s) that contain missing field information, and the field(s) will be highlighted by a yellow border.
If the [Publish] action is invoked when missing mandatory fields exist, the warning message and icon(s) will be red, and the field(s) will be highlighted by a red border.
If you attempt to create content below level 8 an error message will be displayed. Site structure allows for content to be created to a maximum of level eight.