Upload or Replace Asset Files
The following asset types cannot be uploaded into the CMS Lite: shtml, html, htm, js, css, php, jsp, json. An error message “Invalid file type for asset xxxx.xx. File with xx extension is not allowed in CMS Lite.” will be displayed.
When an upload contains both valid and invalid files types, only the valid file types will be uploaded. An error message will be displayed for the invalid files types.
Use the Upload File(s) action to add a new asset to the CMS Lite, or replace (overwrite) an existing asset.
- Navigate to the applicable location in the Asset Navigation where the assets are to reside
- Click on the Asset Folder title to select it
- Click the drop-down Action menu and select Upload File(s)
The Upload File box will be displayed
- Click the [Choose Files] button
The Choose file box will be displayed
- Navigate to the applicable file(s). Select a single file, or use hold the Shift or Ctrl key down to select multiple files
- Click [Open]
The Upload File box will be re-displayed indicating the number of selected files
- Click the [Confrim] button to complete the action
A progress bar will be displayed in the Upload File box
If the upload exceeds the 100 MB file size limit, an error message will be displayed.
- Once the upload is complete, select the Folder tab in the Asset Folder Pane
The assets are listed in a NOT_PUBLISHED status
Click image to view in full screen
Important: When an asset is uploaded it is automatically saved to the QA server; however, assets must be published to the Production web server or they will not render properly on the page.
- If a page links to a PDF file that has been uploaded to the CMS Lite and the PDF file is not published to the Production web server, a Page Not Found error message will be displayed when the link is invoked.
- If an image has been inserted into a page and the image is not published to the Production web server, a red X will appear on the page where the image should be displayed.