Capital Asset Management Framework
The Capital Asset Management Framework (CAMF) describes government objectives and policies for planning and managing publicly-funded capital assets such as schools, hospitals and highways. The framework's integrated components are provided below to support provincial ministries and public sector agencies.
The overview describes the objectives, principles and key elements of the Capital Asset Management Framework. It highlights the requirement to examine a variety of options for obtaining and managing assets, and to choose options that provide the best value for taxpayers.
The guidelines describe the Province's minimum standards, policies and processes for managing capital assets.
The tools provide practical resources, such as templates, sample documents and technical guidance. Links to tools can also be found in the guidelines document.
- Capital Procurement Checklist (PDF)
Additional details on how to meet the Province’s minimum standards for acquiring capital assets constructed by public sector agencies
- Concept Plan Guidance Document (PDF)
Information about expected content and format of a concept plan, providing decision-makers with guidance on addressing service demand pressures and analyzing potential service delivery options
- Pre-Qualification for Selection of General Contractors and Professional Consulting Services (PDF)
Recommended best practices and additional details on government's expectations for the use of pre-qualification processes in capital procurement
- Administering Tenders with Privilege Clauses (PDF)
Recommended best practices and additional details on government's expectations for the use of privilege clauses in capital procurement
- Best Practice Guidance - Capital Project Documents Retention Checklist (PDF)
Instructions and recommended best practices on government's expectation for retaining documents for capital projects
- Capital Project Documents Retention Checklist (PDF)
Fillable pdf checklist to support document retention in capital project files. See the Best Practice Guidance (PDF) on how to complete this checklist.
- Release of Information and/or Documents Related to Competitive Procurement Opportunities (PDF)