BC Bid Replacement - Question & Answer Forum
Submit a Question
Submit a new question on the project, which may be answered directly and/or posted to this forum.
1. What is the timeline to implement the new BC Bid?
The Ministry of Citizens’ Services is targeting June 2019 to pilot the new BC Bid with a select group of participants. User testing will happen throughout implementation in Summer and Fall 2019. Full operational launch in Spring 2020 and onboarding occurring in waves.
2. Why is BC Bid being replaced?
The current BC Bid was procured in 1995, and does not meet the modern requirements of eProcurement, nor the needs and expectations of users (buyers, suppliers, and the broader public sector).
3. Why is it taking so long to get the old BC Bid system replaced?
The Province redefined the project in 2017 to ensure the new BC Bid meets the modern and diverse requirements of the various stakeholders that will use the new system. Acquiring a new solution of this size takes time and diligence to ensure the Province obtains the best match at the best value.
4. What company has government decided to work with?
The Ministry of Citizens’ Services has completed its solicitation process and has awarded the contract to CGI Information Systems and Management Consultants Inc (CGI).
5. Who will be benefit from the launching of the new BC Bid?
Businesses will be able to better manage their profiles, documentation, and submitting responses through the new BC Bid. They will be able to set up automated processes to streamline their monitoring and submission activities. Core government ministries and broader public sector organizations will be able to automate and standardize templates and processes, reducing time spent during the procurement creation and evaluation cycles. New searching functionality will make it easier for citizens to find the information they seek.
6. Where will all the information in the current BC Bid go?
The Province will ensure that we comply with our obligations to retain and make available procurement information as required.
7. Will the new BC Bid be mobile-friendly so that it can be used with apple or android cell phones or tablets?
The new BC Bid will be mobile-friendly and can be used on any platform (computers, tablets, phones, etc.).
8. Will media and the public still be able to see the contract opportunities underway?
Media and the public will still be able to see the contract opportunities underway through the public portal, which will support better navigation and improved search capabilities.