BC Bid Replacement Project - Updates
The BC Bid Replacement project’s mission is to modernize the Province’s procurement platform to make it easier for businesses of all sizes to work with government.
The new BC Bid system will modernize how vendors access and respond to government procurement opportunities. Other objectives will include:
- Greater automation and process improvements within the system will standardize and improve the experience of suppliers viewing and bidding on government procurement opportunities.
- An expected reduction in the time required to process procurement transactions will make it easier for businesses of all sizes to work with government.
- Increased access to information and data will improve government’s ability to manage procurement strategically, directly aligning with our goal of generating best value from BC government procurements.
CGI, the company government has contracted to replace the aging BC Bid system, is working with a subcontractor, Ivalua Inc., which is building the platform that will support the new BC Bid system. The contract is for three years (2018-2020), with an option to extend for two additional years.
- December 2018 – Contract signed with CGI
- January 2019 – Project kick-off: teams aligned, governance in place
- June 2019 – Conducted a small public pilot using the Short-form Request for Proposal (SRFP) process in the new BC Bid application
- Current – Results of pilot and user testing being used to guide implementation