The Procurement Services Branch's (PSB) experts help government clients to acquire goods. PSB selects contractors from bidders with the best value for specified goods.
PSB manages the procurement processes for goods on behalf of its clients, which includes ensuring clear and concise specifications and identifying the best-value bid.
To initiate a goods buy, ministries must:
- View the Goods and Services Catalogue to see if an agreement already exists.
- If no agreement exists for purchases of goods valued at $5,000 or more, submit a requisition to the Procurement Services Branch via the Corporate Accounting System. (CAS).
- View the iProcurement Sourcing via BC Bid guide for information and instructions. This process gives PSB the authority to procure on your behalf and captures your account coding for payment.
- PSB will action your request within 2 working days. For most requests, unless a direct award is justified (see the Core Policy and Procedures Manual) an Invitation to Quote will be posted to BC Bid for 8 calendar days and then awarded to the successful bidder the day after closing.
- PSB then sends the PO on the buyer's behalf to the successful bidder.