As of December 13, 2021, all contractor and subcontractor personnel entering a BC government workplace for the provision of services under a government contract while employees are present must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved for use in Canada. Read the vaccination Notice to Contractors for more information.
The BC Bid Resources web pages will be replaced in January 2022 by a new website with a new name: BC Procurement Resources. Bookmarks will need to be updated at that time.
Procurement Services, on behalf of government, provides its clients in the Province and the broader public sector assistance to obtain the best rates, terms and conditions when buying goods, services and/or construction. Its main services include:
- Goods Purchasing to select vendors and issue purchase orders to the bidder offering the best value for specified goods.
- Consulting and Procurement Advisory Services for advice and assistance from experienced procurement specialists and other professionals to select contractors for a wide range of services and strategic arrangements that ensures best value to customers in a fair, open and transparent manner. Note that ministries should first direct any procurement-related questions to their own ministry procurement specialists before contacting Procurement Services.
- Information Management / Information Technology Procurement services to assist with initial planning, reviewing of license and subscription agreements and facilitating direct negotiations in support of software and software licensing agreements.
- BC Bid for opportunities to bid on government contracts, including advance notice of contract opportunities. This is the provincial government’s electronic sourcing portal where requests for proposals, invitations to quote and other opportunities are listed.
- BC Bid also provides advice for vendors on how to sell to government via the BC Bid website, including how to find opportunities and how to sign up for e-Notification and e-Bidding.
- Goods and Services Catalogue to obtain the government discount rates on frequently purchased goods and services. Includes enterprise wide-arrangements such as:
- Purchasing and Travel Cards to streamline the payment process for employee travel and small-dollar transactions
- Fleet Management Services to support the Province's vehicle fleet operations
- IM/IT Professional Consulting Services to streamline the procurement of IM/IT consultants
- Accommodation Listing to facilitate the booking of business travel accommodation
Procurement Services Fee Structure
Procurement Services operates mostly as a cost-recoverable entity within the Province. Fees, where applicable, are charged for a variety of services that they provide. Learn more about Procurement Services fee structure.