Shredding - ON Site
This supply arrangement is for the secure ON-site destruction (shredding) of protected documents.
ON-site shredding services are defined as the secure pick-up of paper-based documents (excluding computer storage media or any non-paper materials) from the purchaser's site, shredded within the vendor’s truck parked on or adjacent to the purchaser’s premises, then transported to the contractor's plant for eventual recycling. More greenhouse gases are produced for ON-site shredding so only use this service if your security requirements specifically dictate the need for this level of service.
There is also a CSA for OFF-Site Shredding Services.
This supply arrangement is available to:
- B.C. government ministries
- B.C. broader public sector
- ON-site paper-based document shredding services
- Documents can either be placed in containers provided by the vendor at no additional charge (see Pricing* with container descriptions (PDF, 175KB)) or can be placed in purchaser-supplied cardboard “Banker” file boxes
- Documents are shredded within secure vehicles while parked on or adjacent to the purchaser’s premises, then are hauled to secure facilities and sent off for recycling. More greenhouse gases are produced for ON-site shredding so only use this service if your security requirements specifically dictate the need for this level of service
- All paper and cardboard are recycled after shredding
- Complete a Draw Down form (order form) (DOC, 35KB) and send to the vendor directly
- Note that there are separate Pickup Frequency Schedules (PDF, 220KB) and Cities/Towns serviced for each of three geographic areas (Metro Vancouver, Islands and remainder of B.C.)
For all Draw Down form questions, collection issues, bin delivery and general service issues, please contact Shred-it Customer Service: SCS-ProvinceofBC@stericycle.com. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours please call 1 877 450-6287
For questions about this CSA, email the Procurement Services Branch to reach the commodity manager.
2520 Davies Avenue, Unit #1
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 4T7
customer service: SCS-ProvinceofBC@stericycle.com
phone: 1 877 450-6287
- To order service (either on-going or a one-time pick-up), submit a completed Draw Down form (order form) (DOC, 35KB)
- Pricing* with container descriptions (PDF, 175KB)
- Pick-up frequency schedule (PDF, 220KB) and cities/towns serviced
For questions for Iron Mountain, refer to the former CSA Supplier Contacts.
- Destruction service for devices that store electronic data (hard drives, cell phones, blackberries, etc.) is available from the Asset Investment Recovery Branch. For more information, visit the Secure Electronic Media Destruction page.
- This supply arrangement expires October 2, 2020, with the option for two one-year extensions
- *Pricing information is confidential and must not be shared
- **Obtain a copy of the complete terms and conditions for the Shredding CSA (PDF, 660KB)