Protocol, Recognition, and Branded Product
Goods and services you can purchase
Branded product (standard BC Mark or custom branding) for distribution at conferences or events:
- Tote bags
- Water bottles
- And many other custom items
- Long service plaques
- Corporate awards
- Plates (to attach to non-engravable items)
- Select giftware
- Cards and ribbons
- Drink ware
- Edible gifts
- Flags and pins
- Home/office decorations
- Office accessories
Use this arrangement
Step 1: Check if your organization is authorized. Organizations that may use this arrangement are:
- B.C. government ministries
- B.C. broader public sector organizations on the CSA Users list (PDF) or with a standing Customer Number
- B.C. government employees (giftware only)
- General public (B.C. flags and pins only)
Step 2: Browse in-stock branded products, corporate awards, and giftware on DCV Online. If your order does not require customization, add items to your online cart and follow Step 4 of these instructions.
Step 3: For custom branding, Long Service Plaques, corporate awards, or engraving, contact Protocol and Recognition to place your order.
For custom branding, contact Protocol and Recognition to get started.
For corporate awards or engraving orders, provide this information:
- Product number (if you have a specific item in mind)
- Plaque placement:
- Text: Clients often chose to personalize text such as recognizing an employee’s achievement. Information you may want to include is their name, a date, or even just a monogram of their initials. Here are some examples:
Presented to Jane Doe
In recognition of her outstanding contribution
To the Community Conservation Project
In appreciation of 20 years of service
1990 – 2010
- Text size: Unless instructed otherwise, we will choose a size of font that will be legible, but still fit on the item.
- Adobe Garamond Pro (official font and most often used)
- Choose a font
- Plate colour:
- Satin gold with black lettering
- Satin silver with black lettering
- Black with silver lettering
- Black with gold lettering
- Blue with silver lettering
Step 4: Complete your purchase and pay for your order.
- B.C. government: Customer number and ministry account coding (online or by email for custom orders)
- B.C. broader public sector: Customer number or credit card (online or by email for custom orders)
- B.C. government employees: Personal credit card
- General public: Personal credit card
- Only goods and services outlined on the price lists are available; other goods and services need to be obtained in accordance with CPPM 6 - Procurement Policy
- Custom orders exceeding $5,000 (including freight and taxes) must be processed through Protocol and Recognition
- Customer Number can be found on the top left-hand side of your BC Mail ticket
“Thank you, much appreciated, and extremely satisfied with the service!” - Mark S. Timmins, Ministry of Children and Family Development
“Top notch service as usual!” - Julie Crossman, Ministry of Justice
Order branded products with custom branding, such as your logo or text, to maximize your message and build brand awareness. Once you've consulted with the Protocol and Recognition team, send artwork in this format:
- .EPS (vector)
- B.C. government: Download government and ministry marks via the B.C. Visual Identity Identity Program
- CMYK colour
If your artwork is not available in .EPS format, our suppliers may be able to perform this service (cost recoverable) or for B.C. government clients, contact the your ministry's GCPE Communications Office for assistance.
A note about logos: The BC Mark is the current provincial mark and must be used within the guidelines set by Government Communications and Public Engagement. The BC Coat of Arms is reserved for the use only by the three branches of Parliamentary Democracy: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. This includes the Lieutenant Governor, a member of the Executive Council, a member of the Legislative Assembly or judges of the Supreme Court, a County Court, or the Provincial Court.
Generally, items made of glass, crystal, metal, and wood are engravable.
- If an item is not engravable, we may be able to attach an engraved plate to the item or gift box
- It may be possible to engrave a personal item, but we cannot guarantee results and recommend against it
- Orders over $100.00: Free
- Orders between $50.00-$99.99: $2.50 environmental fee
- Orders under $50.00: $5.00 environmental fee
Rush orders may be accommodated; rush charges may apply.
- In-stock branded product: Two to five business days
- Custom branding: Customer service will provide an estimated timeline
- Corporate awards / engraving: Ten to fifteen business days depending upon the size and complexity of the project
- Giftware: Two to five business days
If an item is not what you expected, mistakenly ordered, wrong size, sent in error, or defective, please contact DCV Customer Service at 250-952-4460 or email ProtocolRecognition@gov.bc.ca
The following items are accepted for full credit or exchange when they are returned within 90 days with a copy of the packing slip:
- In their original packaging, and therefore, re-sellable
- When you have ordered it in error and items are re-sellable
- When we have sent it to you in error
- Defective and/or faulty items
There are rare occurrences when we cannot accept a return:
- When the item was purchased so long ago that it affects their performance, such as pens drying out
- When the product is past an expiration date and thus not re-sellable
- When the item has been described as a “final sale”
Please send all Protocol and Recognition returns, with their original packing slip via house mail, to the following address:
Protocol and Recognition “Returns”
742 Vanalman Avenue
Victoria BC V8W 9V7
If your office is not part of the in-house BC Mail system, contact Protocol and Recognition Customer Service first. We cannot accept collect packages unless you have been given prior authorization.
Pricing is dependent on the type of good/service and quantity ordered.
Corporate awards and engraving
Browse in-stock corporate awards and trophies on DCV Online.
Browse and order in-stock giftware on DCV Online.
There is no set up fee for engraving. Pricing is by the letter.
A small plate with a name starts at $11.90.
A small plate with up to 125 letters is $25.95.
The BC government logo can be added for $5.00.
Your own logo can be used if you have a black and white line drawing in EPS format.
To order corporate awards and engraving, contact Protocol and Recognition to place your order and provide details.
View the A to Z list of all goods and services
Protocol and Recognition
PO Box 9804 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria, BC V8W 9V7
4234 Vanalman Avenue
Victoria, BC V8W 9V7
Phone: 250 356-6183