IM/IT Consultant Services (Flextrack VMS)
Services you can purchase
IM/IT consultants procured with the Flextrack Vendor Management System (VMS)
The Flextrack VMS is an online procurement portal for IM/IT consultants. Benefits include:
- Streamlined and simplified procurements
- Valuable market intelligence on current market rates
- Quicker turnaround and contract award timelines
- Modifiable and pre-populated experience and qualification criteria
- Potential savings of up to 15% overall
- Real-time tracking of consultant spend
Use this arrangement
Step 1: Check if your organization is authorized. Organizations that may use this arrangement are:
- B.C. government ministries
- B.C. broader public sector organizations that have signed a participation agreement with the Province of B.C. and Flextrack Inc.
- Email Procurement Services Branch to request information on a participation agreement
Step 2: Confirm this procurement channel is appropriate. Obtain approval to seek the services of an IM/IT consultant by following your internal approval process. The VMS is not mandatory to use and involves an administration fee (PDF, 265KB), however, other provinces using the VMS have experienced cost-savings of up to 15%.
Step 3: Create a requisition in the Flextrack VMS. Use the VMS to initiate a requisition for your procurement. The Flextrack BC Program Manager will contact you to clarify and finalize your requisition in order to ultimately post your procurement in the VMS. The Flextrack Manager will provide support to facilitate the procurement process, however, you will still need to create your ministry-approved solicitation document internally (RFP Template for the Flextrack VMS, RFP, Call to Market, etc.), which can then be uploaded into the VMS.
- If you cannot access the Flextrack VMS, either your B.C. government IDIR is not registered for the VMS or your organization has not signed a participation agreement with the Province to access the VMS – email Procurement Services Branch for assistance
Step 4: Evaluate responses and draw up the contract outside of the VMS. Follow your organization’s process to issue, complete, and sign the resulting contract documents.
Step 5: Pay consultant invoices generated through the VMS. Consultants procured through this process will enter their time and expenses within the VMS and the VMS will issue invoices on their behalf.
Information about this arrangement
- This arrangement expires March 1, 2023, with one additional two-year option to extend
- Only services outlined on the price lists are available; other services need to be obtained in accordance with CPPM 6 - Procurement Policy
- Vendors may register to receive notices of and compete on opportunities posted through the Flextrack VMS at anytime and at no cost, by contacting the Flextrack BC Program Manager
- An open Notice to Vendors (#ON-003312) has been posted to BC Bid advising of the availability of the VMS as an additional procurement channel
- Procurements posted on the VMS do not need to be cross-posted to BC Bid
- For information or help using the VMS, email the Flextrack BC Program Manager
- For information on the Province’s Master Agreement with Flextrack Inc., email the Procurement Services Branch
Pricing information is confidential and must not be shared.
To access the fee structure and the Flextrack VMS, you will need a B.C. government IDIR or your organization will have to had to sign a participation agreement with the Province and Flextrack Inc. If you are unable to access the Flextrack VMS, contact the Procurement Services Branch.
Related Supply Arrangements
View the A to Z list of all goods and services
Discover BC Bid Resources
Browse our Frequently Asked Questions
Phone: 250 387-7300