Daily Vehicle Rentals
The Daily Vehicle Rentals supply arrangements are for short-term vehicle rentals (up to 30 days) of vehicles within British Columbia or vehicles originating from and returning to British Columbia. They are restricted to business travel only.
This supply arrangement is available to:
- B.C. government ministries
- B.C. broader public sector
Vehicle rental services for a period of less than one month.
- Supply arrangements for daily vehicle rentals have been awarded by community
- To locate the vehicle rental companies holding a supply arrangement:
- first determine the community in which you want to rent the vehicle
- then check on the Daily Vehicle Rental Suppliers By Community (XLS, 50KB) spreadsheet for suppliers in that community
- Renters are required to provide a Corporate Identification Number to the rental company when requesting a vehicle. This number can be found on the Daily Vehicle Rental Suppliers By Community (XLS, 50KB) spreadsheet. Ensure the Corporate Identification Number appears on your rental agreement as this results in the correct rates, and terms and conditions being applied to your rental.
- Many of our supply arrangement rental agencies have added hybrid vehicles to their fleets. Employees are encouraged to rent a hybrid vehicle whenever hybrid vehicles are available.
- For vehicles required for more than one month and less than 12 months see the Monthly Vehicle Rentals supply arrangement
- For vehicles required for more than 12 months contact your vehicle fleet coordinator
- Determine the community in which you want to rent the vehicle, then check on the Daily Vehicle Rental Suppliers By Community (XLS, 50KB) spreadsheet for suppliers
- Contact the vehicle rental agency in the location from which you wish to rent
- Ensure the Corporate Identification Number (found on the Daily Vehicle Rental Suppliers By Community spreadsheet (XLS, 50KB)) appears on your rental agreement.
- For government ministry employees, identify yourself as working for the Province of British Columbia. For B.C. broader public sector employees, identify the organization for which you work.
B.C. broader public sector organizations must be registered with the Procurement Services Branch to use this supply arrangement. View the list of public sector organizations registered. If the public sector organization is not listed check the CSA eligibility guidelines.
- Cost is dependent on the location. All locations are listed on the Daily Vehicle Rentals Suppliers By Community spreadsheet (XLS, 50KB).
- For information on what is included in the cost and what is not, check the rates on the Rates, Charges and Applicable Taxes webpage
Email the Procurement Services Branch to reach the commodity manager
- This supply arrangement expires July 31, 2019
- Check the insurance information guide (PDF, 215KB)
- Have you been involved in an accident? Check the In-Province Accident Matrix (DOC, 50KB)
- Want more information? Check the Daily Vehicle Rental FAQs page or email the Procurement Services Branch to reach commodity manager
- Visit the Authorized Drivers and Passengers webpage for guidelines
- Download the complete terms and conditions (PDF, 30KB) which apply to this supply arrangement
- Access to the pricing/product description of this supply arrangement is available to all government ministries in the Province of B.C. and to public sector organizations registered to use supply arrangements. If your public sector organization is not listed, check the CSA user eligibility guidelines to see if your organization qualifies.