Non-partisan Advertising Criteria
Advertising Standards Canada (ASC) reviews creative materials for B.C. government advertising campaigns against the following Non-partisan Advertising Criteria:
- The advertising is a reasonable means to inform the public: of current or proposed government policies, programs or services available to them; of their rights and responsibilities under the law; to encourage or discourage specific social behaviour in the public interest; or promote BC or any part of BC as a good place to live, work, invest, study or visit, or to promote economic activity or sector of BC’s economy.
- The advertising presents information objectively, in tone and content, with facts expressed clearly and accurately, using neutral language.
- The advertising is free from partisan or party slogans, images and identifiers.
- The advertising is free from party bias or party affiliation.
- The advertising is devoid of any name, voice or image of the Premier, a Minister or MLA.
- The primary colour associated with the governing party is not used in a dominant way.
Reviews are completed using the Non-partisan Advertising Criteria document.