COVID-19 Service Impacts
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, customers are no longer permitted on-site to view auction items.
If you have a specific question about an auction item, please contact the listing agent who will do their best to answer it. The successful bidders can arrange a time/date to pick up their auction item(s) after payment has been processed.
- No cash payments
- Please note, BC Auction can only accept online payments for purchases of $10,000 or less
To schedule an appointment for auction pick up or to arrange a payment of over of $10,000, contact your nearest location:
- Surrey: 604-501-8216
- Victoria: 250-952-4439
- Prince George: 250-565-4201
BC Auction uses real-time, online bidding to sell surplus government assets.
Features for buyers
Features for sellers
- I keep placing bids and keep getting outbid immediately, what is going on?
- How does proxy bidding work?
- What are the bid increments?
- What if I change my mind, can I retract a bid?
- How do I pay for an Item on BC Auction?
- I have paid for my item, now what?
- Can I pick up my item to save on shipping?
- Can I return a BC Auction item?
BC Auction uses a process called "proxy bidding". This is the standard for online auctions, such as eBay. Proxy bidding is an automatic bidding system to make bidding on auctions more convenient for buyers.
When you place a bid, you enter the maximum amount you'd be willing to pay for the item. Your maximum amount is kept confidential from other bidders and the seller. The BC Auction system compares your bid to those of the other bidders and places bids on your behalf based on bid increments using only as much of your bid as is necessary to maintain your high bid position (see bid increments). The system will bid up to your maximum amount. If another bidder has a higher maximum, you'll be outbid right away and be notified immediately that you have been “outbid”. However, if no other bidder has a higher maximum, you win the item and you could pay significantly less than your maximum price! This means you don't have to keep coming back to re-bid every time another bid is placed.
Bid increments increase in conjunction with the value of the current high bid.
|Current Price||Bid Increment|
|$ 0.00 - $ 24.99||$ 0.50|
|$ 25.00 - $ 199.99||$ 1.00|
|$ 200.00 - $ 499.99||$ 5.00|
|$ 500.00 - $ 999.99||$ 10.00|
|$ 1000.00 - $ 2499.99||$ 25.00|
|$ 2500.00 - $ 4999.99||$ 50.00|
|$ 5000.00 and up||$ 100.00|
No, as per the” terms and conditions” that every bidder agrees to at the time of registration, it is the buyer’s responsibility to determine the suitability of an item. Bidders should ask any questions before placing a bid. Once a bid is placed, it cannot be retracted and the high bidder is obligated to purchase the item at the high bid price. Failure to honour a bid will result in the cancellation of your BC Auction account.
Most payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard or American Express via the online payment system or any of the above methods including cash on site within 3 business days of the end of the auction.
Two exceptions exist:
- Where the total payment amount exceeds $9,999.99 you will be required to make payment by certified cheque or Canadian bank draft.
- You are bidding on an auction with the ability to buy more of the item at auction close (known as multiple auctions). These auctions must be paid for online even if you wish to buy only one of the available items.
We will ship within 48 hours of receiving payment. Most items are shipped via mail and shipping charges will be calculated into your invoice prior to payment.
Absolutely. Just click the box on the online checkout that you will be picking up the item and shipping will not be calculated in with payment.
There are no returns for BC Auction items nor are there any warranties expressed or implied on items listed.