Provincial Funding for French Language Services
The provincial funding for French language services supports Francophone and Francophile non-profit organizations with the implementation of initiatives that will improve the lives of French-speaking British Columbians. Learn more about the projects supported from 2018 to 2020 (PDF).
Organizations eligible to apply must:
- Be a not-for-profit organization providing a service or program to B.C. Francophones and/or Francophiles
- Demonstrate their capacity to deliver the project
- Demonstrate the financial sustainability of the project
Please note that an organization can submit more than one application.
Eligible projects must:
- Align with B.C. government priorities:
- Investing in people
- Strengthening communities
- Supporting jobs
- Respond to a community need
- Show a diversity of revenue streams
- Demonstrate that administrative expenses (including salaries and space rental) do not exceed 40 percent of the requested amount under the provincial funding French language services
- Describe how the project will reach its target audience(s)
- Describe expected measurable results
Preference may be given to projects that:
- Provide direct benefits to Francophones and/or Francophiles
- Are delivered in collaboration with other non-profit organizations
- Reach a broad geographic area
- Encourage a diverse and inclusive community
- Generate knowledge or resources that will be shared with others
All information entered on the application form need to relate exclusively to your organization.
- Personal information should not be entered on the form
- Please refrain from providing any unique personal identifiers pertaining to other private citizens or third-parties
- If your organization and project are eligible for funding, fill the application form (PDF)
If you have any questions, please contact us before submitting your application
Note: the application deadline for the fiscal year 2021-2022 was April 15, 2021. You can visit this page periodically for information about possible future calls for funding applications.