Verify Your Identity by Video Call
Enhanced levels of security make the card more secure and help protect everyone’s privacy. This means to complete set up of your mobile card, you need to verify your identity either by video call on your mobile device or in person.
When to call
- Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays)
- 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time
What to do before you call
- Complete steps 1 to 4 as shown on how to set up your mobile card
- Connect to Wi-Fi, if possible
- In the app, choose "Verify by Video"
- Find a quiet place that is private to talk
- Make sure you'll be the only person in the video
- Before the video call begins, you will need to take a photo of your face for comparison with your ID
If you have a Non-Photo BC Services Card, you also need to take a photo of your photo ID from the list below to help verify your identity.
- The photo ID must not be expired
- The name on your photo ID must match the name on your BC Services Card
- Children age 12 and under can't be verified by video. To verify their identity, you need to do so in person
Photo ID accepted to verify your identity by video call
- BC Driver's Licence
- BC Enhanced Driver's Licence (EDL)
- BC Enhanced Identification (EIC)
- BC Identification (BCID)
- BC Learner's Driver’s Licence
- BC Novice Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Passport
NOTE: If you do not have any of these IDs, you need to verify your identity in person.
If the name on the photo ID does not match the name on your Non-Photo BC Services Card, you need to verify your identity in person. You need to bring documentation that shows both names, such as a marriage certificate.