Verify Your Identity in Person

Enhanced levels of security make the BC Services Card more secure and help protect everyone’s privacy. This means you must verify your identity to complete set up of your mobile card or to get a passcode.

Where to go

What to bring

You must always bring your:

  • BC Services Card

If you're setting up a mobile card, you must also bring:

The iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you're setting up your mobile card on

If you have a Non-Photo BC Services Card, you must also bring additional photo ID from the lists below to help verify your identity. The additional ID must not be expired. 

  • Primary ID 
  • Secondary ID - if your primary ID does not have a photo

Primary ID accepted for Non-Photo Cards

  • BC Driver's Licence
  • BC Enhanced Driver's Licence (EDL)
  • BC Enhanced Identification (EIC)
  • BC Identification (BCID)
  • BC Learner's Driver's Licence
  • BC Novice Driver's Licence
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Canadian Citizenship Card
  • Canadian Identity Card
  • Canadian Passport
  • Canadian Record of Landing/Canadian Immigration Record
  • Certificate of Naturalization in Canada
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card
  • Study Permit
  • Temporary Resident Permit
  • Visitor Permit
  • Work Permit

No photo on your primary ID?

You must also bring secondary ID that has a photo on it from this list:

  • Canadian Forces ID
  • Correctional service conditional release card 
  • Department of National Defence 404 driver's licence
  • Driver's licence (Canadian or U.S.)
  • Employee ID card with photo
  • Foreign Affairs Canada or consular ID
  • Health card issued by a Canadian province or territory
  • Native Status card
  • Nexus card
  • Parole certificate ID
  • Passport (Canadian or foreign, including U.S. passport card)
  • Police identification
  • Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)
  • Student card (school ID)

Name different? 

If the names on the ID you present do not match the name on your Non-Photo BC Services Card, you must bring documentation that shows both names, such as a marriage certificate.