Login with a Card
The mobile card will be available to B.C.’s general public in the future; at this time it is being piloted with select participants.
You can use your BC Services Card to log in to participating government services and your BC Services Card Account.
Use Your Card to Login
There are two ways to use your BC Services Card to log in. What you need to log in depends on which option you choose.
Option 1: Use a Mobile Card
A mobile card is a representation of a BC Services Card on an iPhone, iPad, or Android mobile device.
Option 2: Use a Card Reader & Passcode
A card reader allows you to tap your card on it to read the unique chip embedded in your BC Services Card. To use a card reader, you also need a passcode. The passcode for your BC Services Card is similar to using a credit or debit card PIN.
- Types of card readers - there are two types of card readers you can choose from
- Passcodes - what they are and how to get one
- How to log in using an Android device as a card reader
- How to log in using a USB card reader
How Login Works
The basic steps to log in to a website that accepts BC Services Card as a way to log in are:
- Go to the website
- Choose to log in with your BC Services Card
- Choose how to use your card to identify yourself - there are two options to use your card:
- Identify yourself by following the instructions in login
- The instructions will vary depending if you chose to use a card reader and passcode or a mobile card
- Review the personal identity information (like your name and birth date) that will be provided to the website you're logging in to
- You return to the website after successfully logging in
Help & Troubleshooting
If you're having trouble logging in with your card, get help & troubleshooting tips.