Verify Your Identity by Video
Enhanced levels of security make the BC Services Card more secure and help protect everyone’s privacy. This means you must verify your identity to complete the set up of your mobile card. You can do this right from your mobile device with a short video call with Service BC, or by sending a video to Service BC.
Your identity will be verified during a video call with a Service BC agent.
- Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- Except statutory holidays
Take a video of yourself in the BC Services Card app and send it to Service BC anytime.
A Service BC agent will review your video to verify your identity.
Usually you will be verified within a few hours on business days (Monday-Friday). It may take up to 2 business days.
Steps to Verify by Video
The steps are the same when having a video call with Service BC and when sending a video to Service BC.
Note: Children age 12 and under can't be verified by video. They need to verify in person.
1. Open the App
- Open the BC Services Card app on your mobile device
- If you don't have it yet, get the BC Services Card app
2. Complete Steps 1 and 2 in the App
- Read how to set up your mobile card if you need help
3. Choose an Option
- Decide if you want to have a video call with Service BC or send a video to Service BC.
4. Provide Additional Information
- Take a photo of your face for the Service BC agent to compare with your ID
- Take the video of yourself (if applicable)
Do you have a non-photo card?
- You also need to take a photo of some photo ID
- The photo ID must not be expired
- The name on your photo ID must match the name on your BC Services Card. If they do not match, you need to verify your identity in person and bring documentation that shows both names - such as a marriage certificate.
- Photo ID accepted:
- BC Driver's Licence
- BC Enhanced Driver's Licence (EDL)
- BC Enhanced Identification (EIC)
- BC Identification (BCID)
- BC Learner's Driver’s Licence
- BC Novice Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Passport
- If you do not have any of these IDs, you need to verify your identity in person
5. Start your video call, or send your video
- If you talk to a Service BC agent in a video call, your identity will be verified during the call
- If you send a video to a Service BC agent, you'll get an email back once your identity is verified
Couldn't verify by video?
You’ll need to verify your identity in person.