Verify your identity by video
Enhanced levels of security make using a mobile card more secure and help protect your privacy. This means you must verify your identity to set up your mobile card. You can do this right from your mobile device by sending a video to Service BC.
To send a video:
- Take a video of yourself in the BC Services Card app and send it to Service BC anytime
- A Service BC agent will review your video to verify your identity
- It may take a few days to be verified
Can't send a video?
You can have your identity verified during a short video call with a Service BC agent.
Calls are accepted Monday to Friday 7:30 am – 5 pm Pacific Standard Time – except statutory holidays.
Your identity can be verified in person at a Service BC location.
Note: Children age 11 and under can't be verified by video. They need to verify in person.
Steps to verify by video
The steps are the same when having a video call with Service BC and when sending a video to Service BC.
1. Open the app
- Open the BC Services Card app on your mobile device
- If you don't have it yet, get the BC Services Card app
2. Complete steps 1 and 2 in the app
- Provide your BC Services Card
- If you have a Non-Photo BC Services Card, also provide additional photo ID to help verify your identity
- If you need more help, read how to set up your mobile card
3. Choose an option
- Decide if you want to have a video call with Service BC or send a video to Service BC.
4. Provide additional information
- Take a photo of your face for the Service BC agent to compare with your ID
- Take the video of yourself (if applicable)
5. Start your video call, or send your video
- If you talk to a Service BC agent in a video call, your identity will be verified during the call
- If you send a video to a Service BC agent, you'll get an email back once your identity is verified